No, I’m not Dr. Phil McGraw, I’m Dr. Phil Wilhelm. I was a public school music teacher turned college professor who trained future music teachers and was in full-time education for 16 years. I still share my musical talents part-time at a local high school program, teach a private studio and also direct music at a church. Music is in my family blood and it’s something I really love. But now scrapbooking is my full-time job!
Paper crafting has become my passion and I’m so glad I decided to join Close To My Heart in 2004. My initial goal for joining was to just get a discount, the reason most people join. It soon turned out to be so much more and I’ve earned numerous incentive trips, promoted to Executive Director, and run one of the fastest growing teams in the company. Leading my team is one of the joys of the business as I get to meet so many terrific people!
I offer my customers many things: 12 hour crops, expo representation, home shows, E-shows, workshops, business opportunities, and lots of fun! Of course I run this blog, Dr. Phil Scraps.
I’ve also been heavily involved in mission work in Ecuador. Listen to my interview on St. Louis NPR by clicking HERE.
Whether you are near or far, I’m here to help.
- 8th Place in Sales (2011-2012)
- 5th Place in Recruiting (2011-2012)
- 6th Place in Recruiting (2009-2010)
- 4th Place in Recruiting (2008-2009)
- 2nd Place in Recruiting (2007-2008)
- 9th Place in Recruiting (2006-2007)
- 3rd Place – Studio J: Share the Love Video Contest (April 2011)
- Published article Men in Scrapbooking for The Artisan Notebook (July 2007) published by the Digital Scrapbook Artisans Guild.
- Published article Accessories 101 for Bella Scraps (February 2008) magazine.
- Published article Accessories 102 for Bella Scraps (March 2008) magazine.
- Taught classes for Creating Keepsakes as well as other scrapbook and stamping expo’s.
- 2008 Mediterranean Cruise Achiever.
- 2009 Easter Caribbean Cruise Achiever.
- 2012 Hawaii Cruise Achiever.
- 2013 Southern Caribbean Cruise Achiever.
- 1st male Director with Close To My Heart.
- 1st male Senior and Executive Director.
- Representing a team in almost 30 states!
- 7th Place in Recruiting (2009-2010)
- 2nd Place in Recruiting (2008-2009)
- #1 Recruiter as a First-year Consultant (2007-2008)
- Multiple achievers in the Top 20 of Recruiting (2011-2012)